What reminds today in Mecklenburg beside a few farmhouses and grave slabs
at the Bülows? What is reminiscent of the Bülows in Mecklenburg today except a few
farmhouses and grave slabs? In at least 73 churches, all over the
country scattered wherever the Bülows had possessions, there are foundations of Bülows like epitaphs, baptismal chalices, candlesticks,
patronage chairs, bells and altars to find. Only a few will be picked out here.
There is the Epitaph in the church of Heiligenhagen, a giving of Berndt, line Simen,
in the 17th century. By designating saying: "He was an excellent host and had a considerable asset!" The necessary restauration was supported not only by the von Bülow association but the famoust descendant of Berndt-Simen, Vicco( Loriot) von Bülow!
In the Güstrower national museum today you will find the Altarblatt of the
Bülowaltars from the church of Gadebusch, whose paintings of the most valuable works of art of this type of the 15th Century in the Baltic Sea Area.
The Wallpaintings in the Bülow chapel in the 14th/15th century were around the middle of the last century in such a bad condition that the family took over the restoration. The old paintings were copied on canvas, declined and an artist painted them new following the old templates. The figures of bishops and knights were given the facial features of the family board members, who had made deserving looking after the restoration of the chapel .
The chapel, which the family 1874 was passed by Reskript (religious
right decision) of the Upper Council of Churches for the restoration
and preservation as a chapel of the family von Bülow, was 1878 after
completion in a solid mass handed over to the family. After the First World War the names of the fallen, graved in bronce plates, were inserted in the neogothic, woodcarved Altar. The floor was renewed. The cathedral is built on marshy ground. The
humidity is often extremely high. The new floor was no longer the
moisture to escape. It drew on the walls high, and 1937 had the paintings
suffered already greatly. The Bülow'sche family decided to re-repair, which was prevented caused by
the war. In GDR times as the Minster has been restored, it is next to the von Bülow family
very much Sybille v. Hünersdorff, geb.v. Bülow, to be thanked, that the chapel was restored. She, even in this chapel has been baptized, has brought substantial own resources
and effort under difficult circumstances GDR times colors and tools
for the restoration of the chapel to Doberan. After the
reunion was with her and the support of the Family Association the restoration of the chapel to be completed. Thanks to Hans-Hennecke
v.Bülow that the altar with the plaques of the fallen of the First
World War and boards of the fallen and victims of the Second World War could be
returned to the old place in the chapel.
In the 16th and 17th Century expanded the sex of Bülows throughout
northern and central Germany. Bülow possessions were not alone in
Mecklenburg to find, but also in Crieff, Holstein, Saxony, Thuringia,
Brunswick, Lueneburg, Celle and axes course, later in Brandenburg,
Pomerania Behind, the West - and East Prussia, Silesia and Poznan.
If we go back to the origin of the family, we find in Wedendorf, near
Bülow, in the church to Grambow, a beautiful gallery of the 17th
Century with a splendid coat of arms decoration.
In memory of the origin of the Bülows in the Diocese of Ratzeburg and to
commemorate the victims during the Second World War the west window in the Ratzeburger Dom were donated
by the Bülow family in 1970 in .
In 1911 was at the behest of the family association on the Kalkberg near the place Bülow the foundations of a tower excavated.
The stone wall tiles and pieces found in the ground show the characteristic signs of the Middle Ages and equal those in the
lower part of the oldest church of Rehna from the time before the
The tower foundation is located on the place viewed by the locals as the site of a castle Bülow .
1912 a stone was set on the point of the tower foundation in memory to the master father of all Bülows "Gottfried".